Saturday, November 15, 2014

Merry Monday #134: Ornaments + Virginia's View #9: Metallics & CASology 121: Festive + Muse #93 & Festive Friday #44

It is starting to feel a little like Christmas around here. This morning the family attended a local holiday breakfast and toy drive with Santa. It is the second year we have been involved with this event and we almost missed it as I would have bet money that it didn't take place until after Thanksgiving last year, but I was wrong.

My son, who we have forgiven for aiming corner kicks into the pool equipment, was off for his first driving lesson so I distracted myself by making a few holiday cards.

This first one is for the Merry Monday Challenge #134: Ornaments. The challenge is to create a card with ornaments in silver/gray and blue.




I created a a silver & blue card, with ornaments. The tree is stamped with Delicata Silver Shimmer ink and the ornaments with Memento Paris Dusk ink. Dots of Glossy Accents are added to the stamped ornaments to create baubles.




A Hero Arts sentiment is stamped and heat embossed on a vellum banner to finish the card off.




I am also entering this one in Virginia's View Challenge #9: All Things Metallic.




This second card is my favorite for the day. I loved Therese Calvird's clean & simple triangle tree on her card as the Muse #93 and played around for a while with my Christmas tree stamps.




I wasn't happy with any of them and started looking through my collection for triangle shapes until I found exactly what I was looking for in PTI's Hello Sunshine stamp set.




The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday's Jingle All the Way stamp set. This card is also being entered in CASology Week 121: Festive challenge.




The final card is inspired by the photo for Festive Friday Challenge #44.




Are you surprised that I didn't use my Rustic Wreath on this card :) The photo reminded my of this pretty MFT wreath die which layers up beautifully.




This is another clean & simple card, with three layers of the wreath, a few enamel dots and a red silk ribbon paired with a larger PTI sentiment,




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

29 comments:

  1. Jacquie, I think you might just be the release winner over at PTI. Go take a look!! Crossing my fingers that it's you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacquie, I came to congratulate you on your BIG PTI win but also want to compliment you on these beautiful cards. I think I should just start CASEing you instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. Anyway, Congrats and happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRILLIANT muse Jacquie!!!! Just Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful - love! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Muse card, that stamp is incredible!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous selection of cards Jacquie! I am here for the Merry Monday card which is absolutely gorgeous, love every detail, thanks for playing along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo! I love the tree image you used for the Muse challenge! So unique!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your cards are beautiful, Jacquie! Love your beautifully embossed silver tree and the blue baubles you added! The vellum panel just adds such an elegance! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card!!! I love your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful collection of Christmas cards, Jacquie! Thanks for sharing them with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Jacquie! Love silver and navy together! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you used the sun ray for the tree!!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All 3 cards are stunning! I don't think I could pick a favourite - all 3 are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All your cards are brilliant Jacquie, your 'sun ray' tree is genius and one of my faves too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Jacquie, Congrats on the Grand Prize win over at PTI! It was nice to see a familiar name. Have fun shopping :-)
    These three cards are gorgeous, love the blue/silver combo and your "ray of Christmas tree" is genius, the wreath on Kraft is beautiful also

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Jacquie using that stamp as a tree is GENIUS! Love all of these cards ! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday and Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Three fantastic cards Jacquie. Thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are all fantastic, but my all time favorite is the one you posted for CASology. I am so going to borrow this idea--love how your creative mind works. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Three absolutely STUNNING cards, Jacquie! Genius idea to use your Hello Sunshine stamp set for your tree...it's so striking!
    CONGRATS on your win at PTI, too!!! Enjoy your shopping spree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Three real stunners, Jacquie! Love those blue baubles on the first card and that gorgeous silver tree. Your second card is genius - best use of a sun ray stamp ever! And I love the dimension of your gorgeous wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of your cards are absolutely gorgeous!!! Well done, Jacquie! So glad you joined us at CASology this week! May

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm back to comment on the FF card - you just sold that wreath die - gorgeous! Love the rich green with the pops of red! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sure you've heard the song All About that Bass, well I feel all about those non-traditional trees. The ones popping out at me are stripes or stripes and alternative shapes. Love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I came over from CASology to congratulate you on your HM and what did I find? More wonderful cards. Using the sun ray was so creative. The blue tree is gorgeous, Jacquie, and that wreath is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How gorgeous!! Love the silver embossing and craftsmanship, Jacquie! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge! (welcome to the FB group)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all three, Jacquie, but that last card is really singing out to me. Love the wreath and the rich colours you used. The red silk ribbon is super lux!

    ReplyDelete
  27. These cards are all sooooo beautiful, Jacquie!!!!!! Love all your stunning X-mas trees and the layered wreath!!! Congrats on the win at PTI!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!