Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Muse #63

It's been a busy week around here and when I finally had a little time to spend in the office today, this is what was sitting on my desk.




Number one, I never leave my tape runner sitting on my desk and and, number two, I've never seen the tape this twist & mangled?! Hmm, dear son was working on a presentation board last weekend - we will be having a little chat later (for the record, he is allowed to help himself to my tools).

While I rewound the tape and cleaned my desk a bit I thought about the elements I could take from Therese Calvird's wonderful stenciled card for the Muse Challenge #63.




At first I planned to play with stencils, but then saw the white butterfly die cut panel leftover from my cardmaking on Sunday morning (you can see it in the first photo). A number of Distress Inks are sponged over this panel (Spun Sugar, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed) and then it is adhered to a bright pink panel, allowing the color to peek through the butterfly wings.




I moved the sentiment to the top of the panel, still taking inspiration from Therese's card with the use of black & white and adding the pop of color with the pink banner.




This second photo captures the color a little better than the first.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


5 comments:

  1. I totally laughed out loud reading your post and I'm so glad that I'm not your son when he gets home from school.... LOVE that fabulous butterfly panel, the colours and the sentiment placement are perfect. I have to pin this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the gorgeous richness of the sponged colours and the dimension added by the butterflies! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful use of "leftovers", Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stunning, I love the dimension and ur incredible sponging. This is such a beauty !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is lovely! I'm crazy about butterflies and they are one of the main themes of may cards, so I love your card!

    Mariangela ;-)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!