Saturday, August 17, 2013

Tuesday Trigger: I'm Craving Navy + Monday Mood Board #19

One thing I absolutely love about the Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World is Cath really does a great job of mixing it up with the images. Last week the Trigger image was pastel collage, this week we have  a classic navy & white image for the Tuesday Trigger: I'm Craving Navy. Now, after wearing a navy & white uniform while working summers for our local ferry system during my university years, navy & white will always mean "nautical" to me.




I don't have a great nautical set, but am really craving the new Dockside sets of stamps and dies from Wplus9, so can't resist combining the Tuesday Trigger with the Monday Mood Board #19.




The navy & white, plus a little gold and a lot of stripes were pulled together to create this card.




I inked, heat embossed and die cut the sentiment from Wplus9's Written on Ribbon stamp set. The white panel was embossed with a Sizzix striped embossing folder and then, realizing there isn't much nautical in my card afterall,  a "porthole" was cut to provide a resting spot for the sentiment.




I used the same striped embossing folder on the front of the card base and lined up the panel so that the stripes alternated - a raised white stripe was lined up with an inset navy stripe. I love the look, but it was really tough to photograph.

A little ink was added along the side edges of the white panel and the "porthole" and heat embossed too.




The card seemed to need a little something more, so I dug around the ribbon basket and was thrilled to find this sheer shimmery piece. A few sequins were the finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card for both challenges. Your embossing really stands out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love Cath's challenges. Love your card too!! Love the texture and gold details around the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the nautical trend too! Fab lining up of the embossing, you've paid attention to detail on this fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, somebody stop me falling out of my chair! I adore this, Jacquie! Navy and white means nautical to me, too, and your combination with the Mood board is inspired! I absolutely love how you came up with your design and gave attention to the details of the porthole, the edging, and even how you tied your ribbon! A winning card to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to be inspired by the photos -- love the embossing you used -- perfect with the card~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome creation, love the sequins on that outstanding design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!