Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tuesday Trigger: Honoring Ombre + Avery Elle August Challenge + Simon Says

When Cath at Moxie Fab World posted the Tuesday Trigger : Honoring Ombre yesterday, it gave me the final push to make this card for the Avery Elle August Sketch Challenge.





This is my first time entering the Avery Elle challenge, but I have their delightful Bonjour stamp set and really wanted to play with it. 



I took a little poetic license with the sketch, changing the orientation and pulling the long vertical panel in front of the square panel. 

The inside lines of the macaroon outline stamp are masked to create the perfect frame for the sentiment. The crepe paper adds texture and mimics the idea of a box of macaroons being packaged at the local patisserie.




I used three Memento inks to create the ombre effect: Angel Pink, Lulu Lavender and Rose Bud. I played around a little bit with scrap paper and combining layers of ink until I had the color profiles I wanted before creating my masked tower. 

The centers of the macaroons were filled with an Ice White Viva Pearl Pen - they are more white in real life, but coming across as a bit silver in the photos.

I'm editing this post because Simon Says . . .  Anything Goes at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week, so I am linking this card to their challenge as well.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

19 comments:

  1. When i saw that cake pic at Moxie Fab World, I want to go get myself a cake, and now, I want Macaroons!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! such a lovely take on the trigger!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Those macaroons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are those macaroons!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those Macaroons! Super cute card. <3 it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yah, perfect ombre, Jacquie! The macaroons are a delight for this challenge and I love how you did those centers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Easy to see why you're Moxie Fab! Love this to bits. Wish I has some! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty with the ombré macaroons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Jacquie--this is really gorgeous. I cannot believe that I was using this same stamp set for the very same Tuesday Trigger challenge this morning. I debated using pink, but did not feel I had enough of the right colors. Now, I am glad I didn't, because my card would not hold a candle to this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ack, Jacquie!! This is so scrumptious! You're so right with the crepe paper going so well with the macaroons, plus it's just plain old awesome texture! Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jacquie this is a wonderful take on the trigger! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, your card is good enough to eat! Love your ombre effect. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving your kind words - Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those macaroons are perfect! Love the ombre effect. Happy to see you pop on over to my blog and become a follower. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm yum! Perfect take on the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so sweet...I love your ombre macaroons all done in shades of pink, just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so yummy! The macaroons are perfect for the colours and the crepe paper is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely delicious looking! The texture added by both the crepe paper and the pearl pen is terrific. Great take on the Trigger image.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how fun is your card, Jacquie! The crepe paper adds a lot of interesting texture and I just love your Ombre Macaroons :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!