Sunday, August 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink August Blog Hop - Take Two

It is the lovely color combination that drew me back to creating another card for the Papertrey Ink August Blog Hop. All the details are here at Capture the Moment.


PTI-fast-food-5

I created this quick & fun birthday card.



I initially die cut the colored strips from the wide chevron border die but didn't like the look, so I taped the smaller die to those pieces and recut them. I noticed that if I centered the smaller die perfectly, I ended up with two extra, even narrower chevron strips as well as the one I was die cutting. 



I used my little discovery to cut the white spacer chevrons for my panel and adhered them with foam adhesive to the embossed base panel. Love when I can stretch my tools a bit!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


11 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fabulous! I love the texture you added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loved this card, Jacquie. You definitely added a great deal when you added the white spacers, really added a whole lot to the card to me. And combining the crisp texture of the rainbow and white chevrons with the bubble texture of your white layer really works so well. I look forward to checking out the rest of your blog, and checking it out often. You are one talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I have been having a lot of trouble publishing comments lately, and forgot to sign my name, it is Joanne.

      Delete
  3. All your cards for the August PTI Blog Hop are super Jacquie! I don't know where some of you gals have the time to make so many, but I love looking at them all...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this card, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love all the texture on it - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT job on this challenge! Just stopping by to congratulate you on Moxie Fabber of the week feature! So wonderful to know more about you and your lovely work, Jacquie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! Just saw you on the Moxie Fab blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, this is a fun take on the inspiration sketch, Jackie. Love those beautiful colored chevrons and textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card! The colored chevrons are great against the textured background!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!