Thursday, August 15, 2013

Make It Monday #129: White Crayon Resist + Muse #30

I have been playing with watercolors off and on over the last couple of days. There are a few panels filling up the recycling bin, but at last I have something I can share.

The first card is for PTI's Make It Monday #129: White Crayon Resist challenge. Fortunately there was a white crayon in the few that have survived purges of the kids' art supplies over that last few years, so I played around with a couple of different stamps until I settled on the Mehndi Medallion for this card.




Because of the details on this stamp, I added the ink with a watercolor brush in the center of the image and then used a blending tool on the outer edges.




This second card is inspired this card by Therese Calvird, the Muse this week at the Muse Card Challenge. Therese's card is simply a fabulous example of creating a mood through inking, water splatter and negative silhouette die cutting.




I wanted to echo the feel of her card, but decided to watercolor my panel instead of inking it, although I did ink the edges of the entire panel once it was dry.

I die cut the Memory Box branch four times: twice on the inked panel and twice from a piece of Smokey Shadow cardstock.




The first die cut out of the panel is on the left side of the card - this was left as a negative space with the Smokey Shadow card base showing through the cut. The second die cut out of the inked panel is just under the sentiment. I filled this space with one of the Smokey Shadow die cuts. The other Smokey Shadow die cut is adhered on the left side, partly overlapping the negative space.




The birds are adhered and the Taylored Expressions sentiment finishes everything off.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


15 comments:

  1. Your white crayon resist is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are fantastic! LOVE that you watercoloured the panel and with the negative silhouette it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mendhi medallion is beautiful- I couldn't find a white crayon! Love your use of die- cuts in your second card it adds lots of depth. Fab cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - your Mendhi card is absolutely stunning. I love those vivid colors. I also like your second card, especially how you used the negative space and incorporated it with the branch. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous medallion, Jacquie! Love the colorful, bright inks, both watercolored and rubbed! And the 2nd card shines too, with it's positive and negative cuts. Outstanding post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dramatic take on this week's Muse! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two absolute beauties here, Jacquie! The rich bold colors are fabulous on both cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are beautiful, but I especially love the MUSE challenge card. The negative diecutting is such a fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are so beautiful but the first is drop dead gorgeous! I love the colored medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both really amazing. I particularly love the serenity of your second card. What a great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally cool card for the Muse challenge & I love your resist card! So far everyone is having better luck using the crayon than I did--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing cards - I love your designs:) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jacquie, these are both AMAZING! Your crayon resist card deserves every bit of praise it was given on PTI's twitter shoutout and your muse card is absolutely stunning! LOVE your watercoloring and use of positive and negative die cuts.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!