Thursday, August 8, 2013

Make It Monday #128 + Tuesday Trigger + Paper Smooches

I have a few cards to share with you that I have worked on over the last few days.

I made a panel for PTI"s Make It Monday #128: Stamping Random Background Patterns with the confetti stamp from Birthday Style using four different inks and then wasn't sure what to do with. I had been thinking of a birthday card, but it just wasn't coming together for me, so I put it aside.

After flipping through my PTI dies this morning, I decided to try a partial die cut of the "thankful" die and the card came together pretty quickly after that.



I absolutely love the image Cath has given us for the Tuesday Trigger: It's Completely Collagical!




The colors stood out to me more than the images and I was reminded of some older Prima paper that I knew was kicking around the office somewhere. I rarely use 12x12 patterned paper these days, but have so many favorites that I still hoard and occassionally thumb through. 




The papers have so much going on that I really only needed to selectively trim them and add a simple sentiment.




My last card is for the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge Trend Watch: Sheer and Clear and this inspiration photo.




I stamped the balloons from Hullabaloo on several shades of pink & purple vellum scraps and fussy cut them out. A touch of liquid adhesive along the black outline was enough to adhere them to the panel.

 


Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


13 comments:

  1. Love your sheer and clear balloons ; they are as pretty as the inspiration photo. Your confetti background has fab colours and looks great with the partial die- cut word. Pretty collagical card- that's got to be a made up word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that confetti stamp - what a great, colourful background! And the balloon stamp works so well on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness all your cards are fantastic - love those sheer balloons and the Thankful card is bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your cards! The last one is my very favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're on a challenge roll, Jacquie! Lovely cards, especially those layered vellum balloons. So fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been very busy! I love the diverse collection here! I actually popped over from the TT to say how much I love your collage! The other cards are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been busy playing with color. Love them all, but especially those polka dots on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, all three! I love what you did with the vellum balloons. Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Such a Neat Card!! I LOVE your take on the challenge!! =) THANKS SO MUCH for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge and I hope you'll play along again next week!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SOOOOOO cute! LOVE those fun sheer balloons!!! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jacquie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been super busy! So crafty-- great cards! LOVE that last one-- those vellum balloons are PERFECT for a birthday card! LOVE! THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Trend Watch-- hope you play along with us this week at the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge <3

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!