Sunday, August 18, 2013

Color Throwdown #255 + Curtain Call: Carnival Craze

When I saw the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Carnival Craze photos my eye was immediately drawn to the penny farthing image. I picked up the Memory Box Vintage Bicycle die a while back at a local store. It is one of those purchases that I hesitated about, but then decided I didn't want to regret not having it at some point down the road :)



The colors were similar enough to those in the Color Throwdown #255,  I decided to combine the challenges and created this birthday card.




As you can see, I pulled together a number of elements from the Curtain Call: the multiple fonts and print size from the poster, the tickets and the bicycle.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie




15 comments:

  1. Lovely take on the colour combinations and that font is just perfect for this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so fun!! love that bike!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you cut the bike in white and color it?! I have that die and am curious....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - the plan was to paper piece it, but that got ugly fast so I cut another white one and colored it with copics :)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic Jacquie, love your carnival card with the big wheel bicycle. Thank you for joining us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Carnival Craze challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card!! Love the bright colours and that bike is adorable!! Thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I just love all the bright and fun colors you used :)

    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is SO fun and happy! Prefect blend of the challenges...seems like it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, a perfect pairing of challenges! Your card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bright colors in your card make me totally happy! What a fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sooooo love the bright colors! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome way to combine the challenges! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beyond adorable! Totally love this card!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!