Friday, August 9, 2013

CAS(E) This Sketch #40 + RIC #41 + Color Throwdown 254

I have two cards for three challenges today. The first one combines CAS(E) This Sketch #40 with Color Thrown Down #245.






I find color challenges the most difficult, but since my friend Melody Rupple has joined the Color Throwdown Design Team, I had to play along.




I combined a couple of Memory Box dies with a My Favorite Things sentiment and pinked edge die to put together this card.

This second card is my first time participating in the Runway Inspired Challenge, where the fashion industry provides current and trendy creative inspiration. 






I took a few elements from the photo to create this card.




The color palette is definitely taken from the inspiration photo - including using a Soft Stone cardstock for the card base. The sentiment banner echos the curves and folds of the dress as it is tucked around the floral panel.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie




9 comments:

  1. Well I guess it's a good thing your friend joined the design team, as your yellow bird card is quite special, Jacquie! Such a great effect with the colors and design. Fun runway card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done beautiful cards for these two challenges, Jacquie! In both cases, the colors and design work perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shade of pink!! I love how you used the frame and banners to highlight the beautiful colors, Jacquie! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us over Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fabulous. You are great at color challenges. I don't know why you don't do them all the time. I really like how you put a die cut back into the negative space with a different color on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are wonderful, love that fab colour combo with the die cut branch and bird!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The yellow bird really pops and the flowers are really pretty in the second- wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are wonderful!! Love the bird on the branch and vertical sentiment!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pinks and crimsons in your second card captures the inspiration very well! Thanks for joining us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh oh my gosh, I love this card!!!!!!!!!! It's so vivid and clean and powerfully simple

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!