Thursday, May 23, 2013

Muse #18 + CASology Royal

Marion Vagg is the Muse at the Muse Challenge with this card.



I had a hard time stepping away from the idea of using flowers, but don't have any stamps that really captured the feel of this bright spring card. In the end I pulled out my Quilt Prints stamp and worked with the layout and color elements.




My thinking was that I would color in some pieces to mimic the flowers and others to mimic the leaves - I'm not sure I pulled it off.

My card for the CASology Cue Card: Royal challenge came together much quicker. 


As soon as I saw the cue word,  I pulled out my beloved Tim Holtz Blueprints stamps (have I mentioned how much I love these stamps LOL?) and made this card with the Queen of Hearts.




I deliberately left the sentiment vague as I like have a few flexible cards in my stash - thank you, happy birthday or congratulation could all be added to the inside.

We are heading to the school production of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers tonight which means I will be driving my kids nuts singing show tunes for the next couple of days.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie




16 comments:

  1. Fantastic graphic take on the Muse! I love the simple shapes and bright colours! And I love your Royal card, too - great image! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea with the Quilt Prints. Such a bright and cheery card. And, your royal card--just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fabulous cards, love your take on both challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacquie, your take on the Muse card looks fabulous, wonderful colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on the MUSE inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacquie both are fabulous cards!! I ove your Muse and your CASology image is perfect! Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards - love how you've place your sentiment in your muse card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This image is perfect for the ROYAL Cue Card! I love your coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your Royal CASology card and it is vey unique and looks like a winner to be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card does capture the feeling of the Muse in a fun geometric way. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 wonderful & creative cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your bright, cheerful design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both cards for the challenges! Great graphic design for the MUSE challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your spin on the Muse card and what a perfect stamp for the Casology challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That blueprint stamp is so cool! I'm gonna have to check those out. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    And I love your fun take on the Muse challenge - super creative!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!