Monday, January 21, 2013

MFTWSC107 with Washi

I am blogging early this morning, but want to get this posted before I get distracted as the day goes on. My daughter has the week off school for her semester break and was overjoyed (not) to find out I'd scheduled her wisdom teeth to be removed. It is so hard for high schoolers to miss school time and I'd rather do something else for Spring Break, so this break seems to be the best choice to give her a little recovery time before she has to appear in public again.

I've challenged myself to participate in the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club every week this year, so  here is my take on the MFTWSC107. You can find the details on this challenge over at their forum on Splitcoast Stampers.


I found the diagonal lines on this sketch to be the biggest challenge until I had a lightbulb moment and tried using the Teresa Collins washi tape that was part of her Christmas Cottage line.




My oval dies were a bit short for the sketch, so I filled in the space at the bottom with a few flowers.



Is it silly that one of my favorite parts of this card is the little tag made with the new MFT LLD Accent It - Labels & Tabs dies!

I really need to get in the habit of using washi tape more often. The challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp is to Use Washi Tape, so this card is also being linked up over there.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



5 comments:

  1. Ok, now that is one Washi tape I love! This is a great card. The flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card, a great design and colours, I love your washi tape and a wonderful sentiment and flowers.

    Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you used washi tape, oh and I love the tape you used. This card is beautiful ! Great paper , and color choice.
    Hope your daughter heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! And so fun to try and do all the challenges! I am going to be thrilled to have my craft space completely organized for the first time ever!!! Long process though which cuts into my craft time LOL! Love the washi tape and the great flowers you made!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to wish your daughter well - wisdom teeth removal is not fun so I hope it goes well and she heals fast!!!
    Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!