Wednesday, January 23, 2013

CAS-ual Make It Monday #101: Layered Embossing

I've been playing around with Heather Nichol's challenge to layer embossed images in the Make it Monday challenge from Papertrey Ink - you can check out her tutorial here.

I tried a few different stamp sets, but somehow came back to the same Framed Out #11 stamp set that Heather used, although the details of the large heart were lost with the gold glitter embossing.



I alternated the white and gold embossed hearts, finishing with a small open heart from the With All My Heart stamp set.





I wasn't loving the image when I was done stamping and embossing - the Hibiscus Burst cardstock seemed to overwhelm everything. I  fussy cut around the edge of the hearts - questioning my sanity halfway through - and ended up very happy with the final card.

I ended up creating a 7 x 3.5" card to fit the image, so am also linking the card to CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #86.

CFC86: Create a CAS card that has one long side and one short side.
3 x 6, 4 x 8, etc. No standard A2's for this week.



Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie



8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I love the gold with the pink. Your embossing looks great. I was fiddling around with this technique earlier, and it's harder than it looks to get crisp images like you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your details are so fine! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. I love the layered hearts and who you used the gold heart in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it pops right off the white card! What a super cool technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I just love the gold and pink combo. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this came out Jacquie! I always struggle with embossing powder but still hope to try sometime this week! I love the fussy cutting and how the pink pops on the white with the gold!!!!
    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how this one turned out too! You did well with the challenge. I was afraid to make a mess with the double embossing. The glitter is so fun!

    And, I have to thank you so much for all the incredibly kind comments you've left. Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!