Saturday, December 15, 2012

Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge - Anything Goes

There is a new challenge up over at Really Reasonable Ribbon and this time RRR #62 Anything Goes plus Ribbon. You have until December 29th to play along - add ribbon(s) to any project, link it to the challenge and be eligible to win a great prize!

As the Guest Designer this month, I created a Christmas card. Yes, I still need a few more.




Look at that luscious, shimmery, silky ribbon!! I love that the photo captures the translucency as it extends past the card base. This is Silky Crush Champagne Ribbon and is a generous 1.5" wide.




This ribbon is sturdy enough to hold it's shape and thin enough to easily knot or tie into a bow. Trust me, you will not be able to stop adjusting and playing with it!




I didn't want to add to much else to the card - seriously, why would I want to cover up that ribbon? - so I took a few flowers from my stash and used them to anchor a sentiment from My Favorite Things Inspired By Christmas stamp set.

The designer papers are a scrap from an older Basic Grey Christmas line and Authentique Enchanted (yes, that is technically Halloween paper on a Christmas card - I refuse to be limited by labels when I find the right piece of paper). A Cuttlebug embossing folder adds texture to the larger panel.

Just because I can, I'm going to share another photo of the ribbon.




Now it's your turn - head over to Really Reasonable Ribbon and link your project up to the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by,


Jacquie

edited to add: 
In response to Marcie's question, I really think this ribbon will survive being mailed. I usually make my square cards 5x5 and mail them in a 5.5x5.5 envelope to give a little extra room for any bulk. This size does require extra postage, so I take it to the post office to be hand franked anyway (meaning it doesn't get stuffed through the automatic franking machine and squished). This specific card has been sent to my mother-in-law, but was sent in a bigger package.

8 comments:

  1. What a Gorgeous big bow! I LOVE it! Your card is beautiful...and I love the classic elegant color scheme! What wonderful inspiration for all of the RRR followers!!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that ribbon. It is stunning and you used it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!Beautiful card,love the ribbon...scrappinggg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacquie, that ribbon is just so sumptuous! I love the elegant feel of the card. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card. I love how the red flower pops on the beautiful backdrop. The bow is just a touch of elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie, that ribbon is drop dead gorgeous - a show stopper. Have you ever tried to send a big bowed card through the mail? Could you get it in an envelope, and do you know if the ribbon can be re-fluffed? I would love to send something like this through the post office, but I can't imagine its working. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them (if you get a chance during this busy season).

    Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, and taking time to share. Happy Hoplidays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came to check out your MIM card and saw this one below… wow its gorgeous… stunning. Love this card and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!