Saturday, June 30, 2012

MFTWSC78 latte love

I'm in love with the a la mode stamps from My Favorite Things and paper piecing, so is it any surprise I paper pieced an a la mode for this week's Wednesday sketch? The details of the challenge can be found here at Splitcoast Stampers.

My sweet card:



You can see I followed the sketch pretty closely:

The papers are all from the Lily Bee Design's Victoria Park Tiny Tablet and the image and sentiment are from the ALM Miss You a Latte stamp set.




The sentiment base was cut using the the Die-namics Fishtail Flag Stax - I often free form these tags, but do love the clean look and embossed edge you get from the die cut. A button (PTI) and baker's twine (MME Lime Twist) add a little detail.




For the bottom border I cut several layers using the new MFT Squiggle Border - I think this border die will be heavily used in the future!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie


3 comments:

  1. Awww. Is this for me! I miss you, too! hee hee Love the card very much. And love that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jacquie! I love the paper piecing and the way you layered the squiggle border! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great border die; I like the layers of kraft in between the patterned paper. I also love all of your great paper piecing on this card. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!