Thursday, June 21, 2012

mftwsc77 cheers a la mode

This card was a collaborative effort with my dear daughter. My dear daughter does not have the crafting gene, but she and her friends do appreciate the cards I have made for their birthdays this year, which makes it fun to keep on creating and giving {grin}.

Dear daughter may not want to make the cards, but she does have an opinion on the stamps and paper I use on the ones she gives away.

She needed another birthday card this week, so I decided to use the MFTWSC sketch. Go to either the MFT blog or Splitcoast Stampers to find out about their weekly sketch challenge and join in the fun.



Dear daughter selected the Cheers a la Mode stamp, along with papers from the Basic Grey Kissing Booth pad and the Lily Bee Buttercup Tiny Tablet. I had a hard time with the yellow paper, but think we managed to pull it together.




The panels are cut with my favorite Spellbinders Nestabilities die: Reverse Wonky Rectangle. The brown cardstock and designer papers are cut with the same die - I trim the designer paper along the embossing line so that I can layer the pieces.

For the record, I think this little gal is drinking a pink lemonade.




Or maybe it is a sparkly, raspberry soda? 

The image is paper pieced and colored with Copic markers. A little touch of stickles added glitter to the glass and her earrings.




The flower is cut from crepe paper using the MFT Loopy Bloom die-namic and finished with a gem brad from my stash.




We borrowed a sentiment from the a la Mode Birthday Girl stamp set and just attached it to the card front under the flower. The image panel is adhered with foam tape to pop it up over the velvet ribbon/trim (Maya Road?).

The inside of the card holds a gift certificate under the Papertrey Ink zipper die.




Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

4 comments:

  1. She's sweet! love the added glittery touch in the glass. And there's that zipper die again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely and girly. The zipper die inside for the gift card is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I lost count of the techniques you used! You go, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love that stamp set! And I just got the zipper die myself and am excited to make a card with it! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!