Sunday, June 3, 2012

a little doily & lace love

I managed to put this card together in record time inspired by the MFTWSC74 sketch at Splitcoast Stampers and Moxie Fab World Doilies & Lace Challenge for Card Creations Week.

The sketch was perfect for using a doily!

and my card


The papers are, once again, from the Echo Park Victoria Gardens paper pad. I am really, truly using up every little scrap of this paper!

The stamped sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Vertical Greeting I set and I also used a MFT die (crochet lace) for the border. The lace, doily and button are all from my stash.



The buttons are finished off with a linen thread that I colored with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink for white buttons.


A little foam adhesive helps pop up the sentiment panel. 

Check out both these sites for great weekly challenges!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

5 comments:

  1. Love your card and all the fabulous detials! Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I love this card, I like the doily but even more the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Who are you and what have you done with Jacquie?! You are a MACHINE! I hope once school is out that you still have time to play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting on my blog Jacquie! Yes, the EP Victoria Garden is a real "go to" line - and I love the card you've made with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jacque - your blog is like candyland to my soul! Each card is gorgeous - the buttons on this card are so well done!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!