Thursday, April 26, 2012

PTI glitter die cut: take two

I did it!

Thankfully my kids don't pay a lot of attention to what I am doing on the computer, so I am hoping dear daughter doesn't see this before next week.

I really wanted to participate in the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday glitter die cut challenge. On my last post you can see the glitter die cuts I used on my dear daughter's party invitations, but in the end didn't use any PTI product, so I needed to create something else to enter the challenge.

Here is her birthday card - ready almost a week early!


The "happy" is from the PTI Wonderful Words die collection and I glittered it using my Xyron and the same extra fine glitter that I used on the invitations.

The birthday sentiment is popped up with foam adhesive, Stickled around the edges and a Pink Paislee butterfly charm is attached (woohoo - using that stash).

On the inside of the card I once again used the PTI Zipper die to hide an iTunes card.



The birthday sentiments are both from PTI Birthday Bash Sentiment and the "open" is from the Movers & Shakers Sentiments set.

I tried the same glitter technique with the butterflies (Martha Stewart punches). It worked just fine,  but in the end I didn't like the glitter colors on the card, so punched a few more butterflies from the Prima paper scraps left over from creating the invitations.

All the other designer paper is from a 6x6 My Mind's Eye Vanity Fair pad and the inks are Memento Rich Cocoa, VersaMagic Turquoise Gem and Color Box Chalk Ink Orchid Pastel.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jacquie

4 comments:

  1. Both cards are so pretty with the glitter, I peeked at your other card as well. Had to laugh when you said they don't pay attention to what you're doing on the computer. Beautiful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh ahhhh! Love the die cut words and that you made good use of the zipper die again! Still have not used mine! sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your glittered happy and butterfly charm. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!