Monday, April 16, 2012

being strong

I love the four quotes in the Vertical Greeting Die-namic set from My Favorite Things and used one this week for the MFTWSC sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.

This is the sketch.






A member of our extended family had a very scary medical episode that resulted in a hospitalization about eight hours from home. I really like the "strong" quote and feel it describes the way many members of the family stepped up and dealt with the situation: with strength and grace.

I  wanted a more masculine feel for the card, so used the fishtail flag die instead of the die that comes with the stamp set.


In other news, I am discovering how hard it is to mix my paints to perfectly match the color wheel. I have no problem creating a tremendous variety of shades of the color I want, but not the exact color!

I still don't have a blue, red or green that are exactly right {sigh}. Could I be comparing my swatches to a defective color wheel?!?

This is what the kitchen island looked like when I walked away from the project this afternoon.


For the record, I think dear daughter took a little too much pleasure watching me struggle with my homework.

Tomorrow is a new day & I have a plan of attack - if you hear screams of frustration midmorning you will know I will be looking for a Plan C.

Thanks for stopping,

Jacquie

2 comments:

  1. I see red. I see blue. Done! Move on! Are you trying for an A+ and teacher's pet???!!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! this is quite the class you're taking. Quite impressive with all the color you're creating!
    Love the card Jacquie,I especially like the saying.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!