Tuesday, March 20, 2012

what to do with a moustache rub-on?

My dear daughter asked me earlier in the week if I could stop & get her a birthday card when I picked up her brother from school. I smiled, shook my head and said no. I really try not to buy cards, but did offer to make her one instead.

A group of her friends are planning on delivering numerous "presents" all day long to the birthday boy and it was her job to get the card.

I've had this set of Hambly Screen Prints Moustache Rub-ons since late last year. I bought them when my dear husband decided to participate in the Movember fundraiser and grow a moustache during the month of November. The thing is, he already has a pretty good moustache & I've only seen him once in 18+ years without it.

Our kids have technically seen him without it, but neither of them remember as he immediately started growing his moustache back after shaving it off. He's the kind of guy that could shave twice a day, so it really isn't long before the moustache is back.

Of course, dear husband didn't discuss his decision to participate in Movember with me - he just came home from work clean shaven one day LOL.

Anyway, it is because of the Movember photos that I have the Hambly Moustache Run-ons in the house. I showed them to dear daughter and asked if she wanted me to use them in her card.

She liked the idea and, with the pressure on, I went to Splitcoast Stampers gallery for inspiration & came across this card by Krystie Lee:




My dear daughter loved "you da' man" and I decided to use the MFTWSC63 sketch again and came up with this:


Because I'd used a pretty dark grey cardstock for the card, I finished the inside to give the kids lots of room to sign their birthday greetings.



The sentiments are all stamped using my ancient Making Memories Rummage magnetic stamp alphabet. I might be the only one still using this, but I have always loved it and it makes its way onto many of my projects.

The ink is Memento Tuxedo Black and the papers are all from Times & Seasons or This & That Charming Echo Park 6x6 paper pads.

Thanks for coming by,

Jacquie

2 comments:

  1. I love your cards Jacquie! Perfect, fun masculine card!

    I think you do need the new Chevron die! It is so you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so great! I think my favorite yet with the mustache...:) Stampinup! had stamps with a mustache, but now having seen your cards think it maybe a must have!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day when you take time to comment - thank you!